Friday 2 March 2012

Oh, Hell Everyone Else Is Doing It...

While I'm not a member of the Old School Rebellion cos I don't play D&D enough to have joined the edition wars, this has been everywhere enough to have gotten me on board:

1.Ability scores generation method? 3d6, lowest score can be re-rolled, assign as you like.
2.How are death and dying handled? Unconscious at 0, dead at -2
3.What about raising the dead? Yes, but it'll cost you.
4.How are replacement PCs handled? They are written in in a fashion that links the backstories
5.Initiative: individual, group, or something else? Individual, every single time.
6.Are there critical hits and fumbles? How do they work? Yeah I like them, fumbles usually lead to dropping a weapon or similar, critical hits do max damage by default
7.Do I get any benefits for wearing a helmet? Yeah, it provides armour on your head. What sort of question is this?
8.Can I hurt my friends if I fire into melee or do something similarly silly? Very much so. Idiots must be punished!
9.Will we need to run from some encounters, or will we be able to kill everything? Depends how Lovecraftian I'm feeling...
10.Level-draining monsters: yes or no? Sure, why not?
11.Are there going to be cases where a failed save results in PC death? As 9.
12.How strictly are encumbrance & resources tracked? Encumbrance pretty strictly, resources depends on how ridiculous the players are being.
13.What's required when my PC gains a level? Training? Do I get new spells automatically? Can it happen in the middle of an adventure, or do I have to wait for down time? Down time mostly.
14.What do I get experience for? Defeating enemies, finding treasure, solving puzzles. Ad hoc bonuses for excellence
15.How are traps located? Description, dice rolling, or some combination? Description can find anything rolling misses.
16.How do I identify magic items? Through use probably unless you're high-level or know someone who is.
17.Can I buy magic items? Oh, come on: how about just potions? Not cheaply...
18.Can I create magic items? When and how? By learning how to do it, over a long period of time. And you must be prepared for back-firing...
19.What about splitting the party? Go Ahead. Make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment